EU Profile of the Israeli trafficker
Oct 01 2010
Download right click "save as"
Numerous individuals are among those who profit from the various forms of prostitution, but over the last few years, traffickers in women are a growing segment of the profiteers from among the abusers. Because of the vast income generated by the sex industry, they are interested in ensuring that it continues to flourish despite the unremitting violations of the human rights of its victims. This study seeks to examine, for the first time, characteristics of traffickers in Israel; to focus on the people greasing the wheels of the sex industry to ensure that it continues unabated. This paper aims to comprehensive and updated information about traffickers in Israel, while pointing to changes in their identity over the last two decades. This position paper seeks to assist in the formulation of necessary policy both to prevent this crime and to determine a level of punishment that is more stringent than the one common today. More information about human trafficking on the website of European Union.
- Ewa'a: Annual Book 2011 (English)
- Ewa'a: Annual Book 2011 (Arabic)
- The Rise of Mobile and the Diffusion of Technology-Facilitated Trafficking
- La Strada Guidance on representing trafficked persons in compensation claims
- Caring for Trafficked Persons/Cuidados Para la Salud y la Trata de Personas
- UNODC Issue Paper: Abuse of a Position of Vulnerability and other "Means" Within the Definition of Trafficking in Persons (2012)
- The EU Strategy Towards the Eradication of Trafficking in Human Beings 2012-2016
- Report by OSCE Special Rep for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to the Republic of Moldova, 31 October – 3 November 2011
- OSCE Factsheet on Combatting Trafficking in Human Beings in the OSCE Region - Russian
- Unprotected Work, Invisible Exploitation (Russian)
- ICAT trafficking in persons issue papers - Overview
- SIREN: Exposing trafficking in supply chains