Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Human Rights Council Report 2009
Oct 20 2010
Download right click "save as"
Section I provides a global perspective of the trafficking phenomenon and its trends, forms and manifestations, including the challenges relating to the lack of coherent and reliable statistical information that captures different dimensions of trafficking in human beings. It further sets out the definition of trafficking as articulated in the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons Especially Women and Children as well as the scope of the mandate on trafficking. Section II examines the legal and policy framework, especially the human rights frameworks and mechanisms for combating trafficking in persons at international, regional and national levels. Section III is devoted to outlining the vision and agenda of the Special Rapporteur for the mandate and the working methods she intends to use, in the hope of making progress in implementing the mandate entrusted to her. Section IV of the report outlines the Special Rapporteur’s activities, including participation at different conferences. Finally, section V contains the Special Rapporteur’s conclusions and recommendations. This report is also available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish.More information about human trafficking on the website of UNHCHR.
- Walk Free Global Slavery Index 2013
- UNESCO: Model curricula for journalism education: a compendium of new syllabi
- ILO: Marking progress against child labour: Global estimates and trends 2000-2012
- IOM: A Situational Analysis of Aruba’s Response to Human Trafficking
- OSCE: Trafficking in human beings for the purpose of organ removal in the OSCE region
- EHTN Case Study: Beulah London
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Joy Ngozi Ezeilo
- European Commission The statistical report on trafficking in human beings 2013
- Russian Union of Journalists, OSCE Manual on Reporting on Human Trafficking
- The Protection Project: 100 Best Practices in Combating Trafficking in Persons
- UNODC Global report on trafficking in persons 2012