Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - General Assembly Report 2009
Oct 20 2010
Download right click "save as"
The report is divided into four sections. Section I contains the introduction, while section II outlines the activities, including conferences and consultations, undertaken by the Special Rapporteur in the discharge of her mandate during the period under review. Section III deals with the main thematic focus of the report, namely, the identification and protection of and assistance to victims of trafficking. The section contains case narratives of trafficked victims and a separate examination of applicable standards and practices, including the roles and responsibilities of States and of non-State actors in addressing the situation of victims of trafficking. It focuses on a child-centred approach to children who are victims of trafficking and on issues of protection of and assistance to victims of trafficking, especially those in vulnerable situations, such as refugees, asylum-seekers, returnees and stateless and internally displaced persons. Section IV contains conclusions and recommendations for effectively identifying, protecting and providing direct assistance to persons victims of trafficking, including a recommendation for the development of operational guidelines, procedures and tools for the identification of such victims, based on existing models developed in particular by United Nations agencies and programmes. This report is also available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish.More information about human trafficking on the website of UNHCHR.
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking
- European Commission The statistical report on trafficking in human beings 2013
- The Protection Project: 100 Best Practices in Combating Trafficking in Persons
- The State of Human Trafficking in California 2012
- ILO: Giving globalisation a human face
- Investor Guide for Effective Supply Chain Accountability
- Progress Report on Criminal Justice Responses to Trafficking
- Not in New Zealand's Waters
- California Senate Bill 657
- An exploration of promising practices in response to HT in Canada
- Report of the Special Rapporteur 2011
- Prosecuting human traffickers