CSO GAATW SODIREITOS Trafficking in Women Brazil DomRep and Suriname
Oct 05 2010
Download right click "save as"
In this study we intend to investigate the trafficking routes between Brazil and the Dominican Republic on the one hand and Suriname on the other, as identified in the research report "Trafficking in women, children and adolescents for the purpose of sexual and commercial exploitation in the Amazon" (HAZEU, 2003), which was the basis of the study on the trafficking in women, children and adolescents for the purpose of sexual exploitation in the Amazon - Pestraf (LEAL, 2002). This socio-geographic study found strong evidence of the presence of Brazilian and Dominican women in Suriname being exploited as prostitutes in private clubs and in the mining fields in the interior of the country.More information about human trafficking on the website of GAATW and SODIREITOS. IOM and Counter-trafficking.
- OSCE releases booklet on preventing human trafficking for domestic servitude in diplomatic households
- How to prevent human trafficking for domestic servitude in diplomatic households and protect private domestic workers
- 2014 Global Trafficking in Persons report - full
- US State Department Trafficking in Persons Report 2014
- 3rd General report on GRETA’s activities
- Walk Free Global Slavery Index 2013
- UNESCO: Model curricula for journalism education: a compendium of new syllabi
- ILO: Marking progress against child labour: Global estimates and trends 2000-2012
- IOM: A Situational Analysis of Aruba’s Response to Human Trafficking
- Report by OSCE Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina, 12-14 June 2012
- Current Status of Victim Service Providers and Criminal Justice Actors in India on Anti-human Trafficking
- EHTN Case Study: Beulah London