CBSS TF-THB Handbook for Diplomatic and Consular Personnel
Apr 26 2011
Download right click "save as"
The TF-THB (Task Force against Trafficking in Human Beings) proudly presents the Handbook for Diplomatic and Consular Personnel on how to assist and protect victims of human trafficking. It has been designed to complement the diplomatic training seminars but also as a stand-alone, practical and illustrative guide for diplomatic and consular personnel when dealing with suspected and presented cases of human trafficking in their daily work. It provides the reader with an overview of the nature of human trafficking and its legal frameworks. It furthermore includes concrete advice on how to identify and assist victims of human trafficking and considerations when conducting interviews with potential victims. Advice is also given on how to develop strategies in a consular section to work against and prevent human trafficking. Contact points for further assistance are included for each of the CBSS Member States, and for Belgium and Spain where two seminars were held. The handbook draws upon the material delivered by the TF-THB, the IOM and other international, national and non-governmental actors during the course of the training seminars - we would like to thank all presenters and participants for their valuable contributions and lively discussions that informed the content of this handbook.
- US State Department Trafficking in Persons Report 2014
- 3rd General report on GRETA’s activities
- Walk Free Global Slavery Index 2013
- UNESCO: Model curricula for journalism education: a compendium of new syllabi
- IOM: A Situational Analysis of Aruba’s Response to Human Trafficking
- Report by OSCE Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina, 12-14 June 2012
- Current Status of Victim Service Providers and Criminal Justice Actors in India on Anti-human Trafficking
- OSCE: Trafficking in human beings for the purpose of organ removal in the OSCE region
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Joy Ngozi Ezeilo
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking
- European Commission The statistical report on trafficking in human beings 2013