Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Human Rights Council Report 2009
Oct 20 2010
Download right click "save as"
Section I provides a global perspective of the trafficking phenomenon and its trends, forms and manifestations, including the challenges relating to the lack of coherent and reliable statistical information that captures different dimensions of trafficking in human beings. It further sets out the definition of trafficking as articulated in the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons Especially Women and Children as well as the scope of the mandate on trafficking. Section II examines the legal and policy framework, especially the human rights frameworks and mechanisms for combating trafficking in persons at international, regional and national levels. Section III is devoted to outlining the vision and agenda of the Special Rapporteur for the mandate and the working methods she intends to use, in the hope of making progress in implementing the mandate entrusted to her. Section IV of the report outlines the Special Rapporteur’s activities, including participation at different conferences. Finally, section V contains the Special Rapporteur’s conclusions and recommendations. This report is also available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish.More information about human trafficking on the website of UNHCHR.
- 2014 Global Trafficking in Persons report - full
- US State Department Trafficking in Persons Report 2014
- 3rd General report on GRETA’s activities
- Walk Free Global Slavery Index 2013
- UNESCO: Model curricula for journalism education: a compendium of new syllabi
- IOM: A Situational Analysis of Aruba’s Response to Human Trafficking
- Report by OSCE Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina, 12-14 June 2012
- Current Status of Victim Service Providers and Criminal Justice Actors in India on Anti-human Trafficking
- OSCE: Trafficking in human beings for the purpose of organ removal in the OSCE region
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Joy Ngozi Ezeilo
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking