IOM Trafficking of men Belarus and Ukraine
Oct 15 2010
Download right click "save as"
To date, trafficking in males has been underconsidered in research despite noteworthy signals that it is a violation faced by many males, adult and minors. Often severely exploited male migrants are overlooked as victims of trafficking (VoT). The noteworthy number of men exposed to trafficking necessitates assistance tailored to their specific needs and interests. Tailoring of services is required to the specific profile of male victim, not least according to their trafficking experience, whether they are a minor or adult and the family and social conditions to which they will return. The specific experiences of trafficked males of Belarusian and Ukrainian nationality highlight some general patterns in terms of how trafficking takes place from these countries and, equally, some of the needs and interests of this specific target group. Attention to the gender dimensions of trafficking must be increasingly considered in research and anti-trafficking interventions. More information about human trafficking on the website of IOM.
- 2014 Global Trafficking in Persons report - full
- US State Department Trafficking in Persons Report 2014
- 3rd General report on GRETA’s activities
- Walk Free Global Slavery Index 2013
- UNESCO: Model curricula for journalism education: a compendium of new syllabi
- IOM: A Situational Analysis of Aruba’s Response to Human Trafficking
- Report by OSCE Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina, 12-14 June 2012
- Current Status of Victim Service Providers and Criminal Justice Actors in India on Anti-human Trafficking
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Joy Ngozi Ezeilo
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking
- European Commission The statistical report on trafficking in human beings 2013