CSO John Templeton Foundation Stolen Lives
Oct 05 2010
Download right click "save as"
The reason that trafficking in persons is a crime against humanity is because each and every person deserves the opportunity to live with dignity and a sense of self-worth. When that dignity is stolen, we must do more than protest and prevent that dignity from being stolen from others in the future. Justice and compassion demand of us that we contribute to the restoration of that stolen dignity and that we assist in the birth or rebirth of hope. We must foster anew the belief that those once abused can play a major role in shaping their own destinies. For many, the difficult issue of forgiveness of both themselves and those involved in their trafficking will have to be squarely faced before self-worth can be reestablished and control of one's destiny achieved. Nor can self-worth and independence be achieved if there is not serious attention to economic self-sufficiency. There are no magic bullets, and ultimate success depends on material, psychological, and spiritual factors. It will not be easy, but it is possible, and it is surely worth the effort. More information about human trafficking on the website of John Templeton Foundation.
- US State Department Trafficking in Persons Report 2014
- 3rd General report on GRETA’s activities
- Walk Free Global Slavery Index 2013
- UNESCO: Model curricula for journalism education: a compendium of new syllabi
- ILO: Marking progress against child labour: Global estimates and trends 2000-2012
- IOM: A Situational Analysis of Aruba’s Response to Human Trafficking
- Current Status of Victim Service Providers and Criminal Justice Actors in India on Anti-human Trafficking
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Joy Ngozi Ezeilo
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking
- European Commission The statistical report on trafficking in human beings 2013
- Russian Union of Journalists, OSCE Manual on Reporting on Human Trafficking