UNYC Child Friendly Protocol against Trafficking in Persons
Oct 25 2010
Download right click "save as"
To enjoy the gift of freedom and the opportunity to flourish: this right belongs to each and every young person on earth. The good news is that today, many children celebrate this freedom as well as the increased sense of safety and space to thrive that it brings to them. Yet there are still many other young people who are trapped in a world where their freedom has been stolen from them. The tragedy is that every thirty seconds, somewhere in the world, a child or young person is taken against their will and trafficked into slavery. But this is not just happening to young people; mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, wives and husbands, sons and daughters; are all trafficked by international syndicates of highly organized criminals. That’s why the governments of the world have got together to fight this massive abuse of human rights. And, that’s what this convention is all about. It is time for the free young people of the world to stand up and speak up for those who cannot stand up and speak for themselves; to fight for the rights of every person who has become a victim of the crime we call human trafficking.
- US State Department Trafficking in Persons Report 2014
- 3rd General report on GRETA’s activities
- Walk Free Global Slavery Index 2013
- UNESCO: Model curricula for journalism education: a compendium of new syllabi
- ILO: Marking progress against child labour: Global estimates and trends 2000-2012
- IOM: A Situational Analysis of Aruba’s Response to Human Trafficking
- Current Status of Victim Service Providers and Criminal Justice Actors in India on Anti-human Trafficking
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Joy Ngozi Ezeilo
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking
- European Commission The statistical report on trafficking in human beings 2013
- Russian Union of Journalists, OSCE Manual on Reporting on Human Trafficking