CSO GAATW SODIREITOS Trafficking in Women Brazil DomRep and Suriname
Oct 05 2010
Download right click "save as"
In this study we intend to investigate the trafficking routes between Brazil and the Dominican Republic on the one hand and Suriname on the other, as identified in the research report "Trafficking in women, children and adolescents for the purpose of sexual and commercial exploitation in the Amazon" (HAZEU, 2003), which was the basis of the study on the trafficking in women, children and adolescents for the purpose of sexual exploitation in the Amazon - Pestraf (LEAL, 2002). This socio-geographic study found strong evidence of the presence of Brazilian and Dominican women in Suriname being exploited as prostitutes in private clubs and in the mining fields in the interior of the country.More information about human trafficking on the website of GAATW and SODIREITOS. IOM and Counter-trafficking.
- UNODC Global report on trafficking in persons 2012
- UNODC Issue Paper: Abuse of a Position of Vulnerability and other "Means" Within the Definition of Trafficking in Persons (2012)
- OSCE Trafficking in Human Beings for the Purpose of Labour
- UNODC_Strategy on Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling - 2012
- UNODC Psychosocial Care for women in Shelter Homes
- UNGIFT Evaluation 2011
- UNODC:Journey of Hope
- Responses to Human Trafficking in Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Sri Lanka
- UN Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons
- UNODC Coalitions against trafficking in human beings in the Philippines
- UNODC Human Trafficking in the Baltic Sea Region: State and Civil Society Cooperation on Victims’ Assistance and Protection
- UNODC Framework for Action