Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Human Rights Council Report 2009
Oct 20 2010
Download right click "save as"
Section I provides a global perspective of the trafficking phenomenon and its trends, forms and manifestations, including the challenges relating to the lack of coherent and reliable statistical information that captures different dimensions of trafficking in human beings. It further sets out the definition of trafficking as articulated in the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons Especially Women and Children as well as the scope of the mandate on trafficking. Section II examines the legal and policy framework, especially the human rights frameworks and mechanisms for combating trafficking in persons at international, regional and national levels. Section III is devoted to outlining the vision and agenda of the Special Rapporteur for the mandate and the working methods she intends to use, in the hope of making progress in implementing the mandate entrusted to her. Section IV of the report outlines the Special Rapporteur’s activities, including participation at different conferences. Finally, section V contains the Special Rapporteur’s conclusions and recommendations. This report is also available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish.More information about human trafficking on the website of UNHCHR.
- Current Status of Victim Service Providers and Criminal Justice Actors in India on Anti-human Trafficking
- UNODC Global report on trafficking in persons 2012
- UNODC Issue Paper: Abuse of a Position of Vulnerability and other "Means" Within the Definition of Trafficking in Persons (2012)
- OSCE Trafficking in Human Beings for the Purpose of Labour
- UNODC_Strategy on Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling - 2012
- UNODC Psychosocial Care for women in Shelter Homes
- UNGIFT Evaluation 2011
- UNODC:Journey of Hope
- Responses to Human Trafficking in Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Sri Lanka
- UN Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons
- UNODC Coalitions against trafficking in human beings in the Philippines
- UNODC Human Trafficking in the Baltic Sea Region: State and Civil Society Cooperation on Victims’ Assistance and Protection