ILO Minimum Estimate
Jul 13 2010
Download right click "save as"
The ILO's Special Action Programme to Combat Forced Labour (SAP-FL) and the Statistical Development and Analysis Unit of the ILO's Policy Integration Department have pooled their efforts and resources to confront the methodological challenge of estimating global forced labour. The ILO also relied on external advice. On 28 and 29 April 2003, a consultation meeting was held at the ILO in Geneva with participants from academia, international organizations, NGOs, and governments. The meeting brought together statisticians, specialists in quantitative methods, and recognized international experts of forced labour. After this meeting, the estimation project carried on for a period of nearly two years. Today the ILO publishes its first ever estimate of forced labour in the world, with indications of its regional distribution and broad forms. The main results are published in the Director General's 2005 Global Report called "A Global Alliance against Forced Labour". The present technical document provides a detailed account of the methodology used in the estimate. It also includes a thorough evaluation of the results, with calculation of margins of error and comparison with external sources.More information about human trafficking on the website of ILO.
- ILO Special Action Programme to combat forced labour January 2013 Newsletter
- ILO 2012 Global Estimate on Forced Labour - Results and Methodology
- ILO 2012 Global Estimate of Forced Labour - Fact Sheet
- ILO 2012 Global Estimate of Forced Labour - Executive Summary Francais
- ILO 2012 Global Estimate of Forced Labour - Executive Summary Espanol
- ILO Global Estimate of Forced Labour - Executive Summary English
- ILO: 2012 Report of the Committee of Experts on the Application of Conventions and Recommendations
- ILO: Giving globalisation a human face
- ILO: Fundamental principles and rights at work
- ILO: Eradicating forced labour from supply chains
- Migration and Child Labour
- Hidden Faces of the Gulf Miracle