CSO GAATW SODIREITOS Trafficking in Women Brazil DomRep and Suriname
Oct 05 2010
Download right click "save as"
In this study we intend to investigate the trafficking routes between Brazil and the Dominican Republic on the one hand and Suriname on the other, as identified in the research report "Trafficking in women, children and adolescents for the purpose of sexual and commercial exploitation in the Amazon" (HAZEU, 2003), which was the basis of the study on the trafficking in women, children and adolescents for the purpose of sexual exploitation in the Amazon - Pestraf (LEAL, 2002). This socio-geographic study found strong evidence of the presence of Brazilian and Dominican women in Suriname being exploited as prostitutes in private clubs and in the mining fields in the interior of the country.More information about human trafficking on the website of GAATW and SODIREITOS. IOM and Counter-trafficking.
- ILO Special Action Programme to combat forced labour January 2013 Newsletter
- ILO 2012 Global Estimate on Forced Labour - Results and Methodology
- ILO 2012 Global Estimate of Forced Labour - Fact Sheet
- ILO 2012 Global Estimate of Forced Labour - Executive Summary Francais
- ILO 2012 Global Estimate of Forced Labour - Executive Summary Espanol
- ILO Global Estimate of Forced Labour - Executive Summary English
- ILO: 2012 Report of the Committee of Experts on the Application of Conventions and Recommendations
- ILO: Giving globalisation a human face
- ILO: Fundamental principles and rights at work
- ILO: Eradicating forced labour from supply chains
- Migration and Child Labour
- Hidden Faces of the Gulf Miracle