ILO Minimum Estimate
Jul 13 2010
Download right click "save as"
The ILO's Special Action Programme to Combat Forced Labour (SAP-FL) and the Statistical Development and Analysis Unit of the ILO's Policy Integration Department have pooled their efforts and resources to confront the methodological challenge of estimating global forced labour. The ILO also relied on external advice. On 28 and 29 April 2003, a consultation meeting was held at the ILO in Geneva with participants from academia, international organizations, NGOs, and governments. The meeting brought together statisticians, specialists in quantitative methods, and recognized international experts of forced labour. After this meeting, the estimation project carried on for a period of nearly two years. Today the ILO publishes its first ever estimate of forced labour in the world, with indications of its regional distribution and broad forms. The main results are published in the Director General's 2005 Global Report called "A Global Alliance against Forced Labour". The present technical document provides a detailed account of the methodology used in the estimate. It also includes a thorough evaluation of the results, with calculation of margins of error and comparison with external sources.More information about human trafficking on the website of ILO.
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Joy Ngozi Ezeilo
- Report of the Special Rapporteur 2011
- Summary note of the online discussion on the “draft basic principles on the right to an effective remedy for trafficked persons”
- Recommended Principles And Guidelines On Human Rights And Trafficking
- OHCHR Working with Civil Society Handbook
- Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Human Rights Council Report 2010
- Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Human Rights Council Report 2009
- Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - General Assembly Report 2009
- Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Mission report on Poland
- Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Mission report on Japan
- Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Mission report on Egypt
- Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - Mission report on Belarus