GAATW-Female Temporary Circular Migration in Huelva
May 03 2011
Download right click "save as"
This research connects macroeconomics to a micro example of reality lived on the ground by looking at these issues in the context of a female temporary migration programme located within the agriculture sector in Huelva, Spain.Over the decades, Huelva’s strawberry sector has experienced an enormous transformation, a consequence of its insertion into a globalised capitalist model of intensive market-orientated agriculture production. Huelva has become the second largest strawberry producer in the world; this boom (together with the expansion of other sectors such as construction and tourism and Spain’s entry into the EU) has helped to take Huelva (and the whole Andalucía region) out of its historic under-development. But this has come at a high price.
- OSCE releases booklet on preventing human trafficking for domestic servitude in diplomatic households
- How to prevent human trafficking for domestic servitude in diplomatic households and protect private domestic workers
- Report by OSCE Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina, 12-14 June 2012
- OSCE: Trafficking in human beings for the purpose of organ removal in the OSCE region
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking
- Russian Union of Journalists, OSCE Manual on Reporting on Human Trafficking
- Travail non protégé, exploitation invisible: la traite à des fins de servitude domestique
- Report by OSCE Special Rep for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to the Republic of Moldova, 31 October – 3 November 2011
- OSCE Factsheet on Combatting Trafficking in Human Beings in the OSCE Region - Russian
- Unprotected Work, Invisible Exploitation (Russian)
- OSCE CTHB Annual Report 2011