Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons - General Assembly Report 2009
Oct 20 2010
Download right click "save as"
The report is divided into four sections. Section I contains the introduction, while section II outlines the activities, including conferences and consultations, undertaken by the Special Rapporteur in the discharge of her mandate during the period under review. Section III deals with the main thematic focus of the report, namely, the identification and protection of and assistance to victims of trafficking. The section contains case narratives of trafficked victims and a separate examination of applicable standards and practices, including the roles and responsibilities of States and of non-State actors in addressing the situation of victims of trafficking. It focuses on a child-centred approach to children who are victims of trafficking and on issues of protection of and assistance to victims of trafficking, especially those in vulnerable situations, such as refugees, asylum-seekers, returnees and stateless and internally displaced persons. Section IV contains conclusions and recommendations for effectively identifying, protecting and providing direct assistance to persons victims of trafficking, including a recommendation for the development of operational guidelines, procedures and tools for the identification of such victims, based on existing models developed in particular by United Nations agencies and programmes. This report is also available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish.More information about human trafficking on the website of UNHCHR.
- OSCE releases booklet on preventing human trafficking for domestic servitude in diplomatic households
- How to prevent human trafficking for domestic servitude in diplomatic households and protect private domestic workers
- Report by OSCE Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina, 12-14 June 2012
- OSCE: Trafficking in human beings for the purpose of organ removal in the OSCE region
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking
- Russian Union of Journalists, OSCE Manual on Reporting on Human Trafficking
- Travail non protégé, exploitation invisible: la traite à des fins de servitude domestique
- Report by OSCE Special Rep for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to the Republic of Moldova, 31 October – 3 November 2011
- OSCE Factsheet on Combatting Trafficking in Human Beings in the OSCE Region - Russian
- Unprotected Work, Invisible Exploitation (Russian)
- OSCE CTHB Annual Report 2011