OSCE Analysing the Business Model of Trafficking in Human Beings to Better Prevent the Crime
Jan 11 2011
Download right click "save as"
This report is the outcome of an innovative study carried out by a team of experts under the United Nations Global Initiative to Fight Human Trafficking. It aims to highlight knowledge gaps in existing documentation and pave the way for the implementation of future anti-human trafficking strategies by providing recommendations and guidelines for decision makers and other concerned actors. The study explores the relationship between organized illegal enterprises and human trafficking via a business model; focusing on the social/economic/criminal/cultural elements that encourage human trafficking to thrive. Using 25 cases from around the world, this study highlights the actors (individual and group) and the multitude of activities involved in the chain of events that constitutes human trafficking as an illegal commercial activity. It makes available a number of tools and policy measures for governments to use to comprehensively combat trafficking enterprises and protect those most at risk.
- Report by OSCE Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina, 12-14 June 2012
- OSCE: Trafficking in human beings for the purpose of organ removal in the OSCE region
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking
- Russian Union of Journalists, OSCE Manual on Reporting on Human Trafficking
- Travail non protégé, exploitation invisible: la traite à des fins de servitude domestique
- Report by OSCE Special Rep for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to the Republic of Moldova, 31 October – 3 November 2011
- OSCE Factsheet on Combatting Trafficking in Human Beings in the OSCE Region - Russian
- Unprotected Work, Invisible Exploitation (Russian)
- OSCE CTHB Annual Report 2011
- Анализ торговли людьми как бизнес-модели
- Trafficking in Human Beings: Identification of Potential and Presumed Victims