GIFT-Harvard Global gap analysis
Mar 22 2012
Download right click "save as"
The United Nations Global Initiative to Fight Human Trafficking (UN.GIFT) is a group of six international organizations coordinating their efforts to address the phenomenon of human trafficking. This Policy Analysis Exercise (PAE) assesses how their initiative could be enhanced through increased consultation with NGOs. While none of the six member organizations solely focuses their work on combating human trafficking, each has a number of programs and activities focused around prevention, protection, prosecution and partnerships in the field of antihuman trafficking. Given this fact, the six member organizations coordinate frequently with other stakeholders in the field for achieving their objectives. UN.GIFT recently released its Strategic Plan for 2012-2014, highlighting four areas of focus: knowledge management; strategic support and initiatives; global dialogue; and inter-agency coordination.
- OSCE releases booklet on preventing human trafficking for domestic servitude in diplomatic households
- How to prevent human trafficking for domestic servitude in diplomatic households and protect private domestic workers
- Report by OSCE Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina, 12-14 June 2012
- OSCE: Trafficking in human beings for the purpose of organ removal in the OSCE region
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking
- Russian Union of Journalists, OSCE Manual on Reporting on Human Trafficking
- Travail non protégé, exploitation invisible: la traite à des fins de servitude domestique
- Report by OSCE Special Rep for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to the Republic of Moldova, 31 October – 3 November 2011
- OSCE Factsheet on Combatting Trafficking in Human Beings in the OSCE Region - Russian
- Unprotected Work, Invisible Exploitation (Russian)
- OSCE CTHB Annual Report 2011