GAATW - Exploring Links between Trafficking and Labour
May 03 2011
Download right click "save as"
This paper will discuss the linkages between trafficking and labour. Its aims are to clarify broader labour and migration system complexities, and explore alliances with a wider set of social movement actors, while holding on to the human rights gains that have been made by anti-trafficking groups. The first section will define trafficking and labour concepts. The second section will look at how people put labour and trafficking together in practice, and what effects that can have on workers and those who are trafficked. The third section will look at anti-trafficking organisations and other actors in the labour arena to examine their strengths and shortcomings as regards anti-trafficking work, as well as options for and tensions surrounding possible cooperation. After concluding remarks, the paper will finish with policy recommendations and advocacy messages for each of the discussed actors.
- ILO The Netherlands Roadmap for Achieving the Elimination of the Worst Forms of Child Labour by 2016
- Management of juvenile justice indicators
- Trafficking in human beings, especially women and children, in Africa
- Child Protection Information Sheet - Trafficking
- Training Manual to Fight Trafficking Facilitator guide
- Training Manual to Fight Trafficking in Children Exercisebook
- Training Manual to Fight Trafficking in Children Textbook 2
- Trainining Manual to Fight Trafficking in Children Textbook 3
- Training Manual to fight trafficking in chidren Textbook 1