La Strada: Findings and Results of the European Action for Compensation for Trafficked Persons
Mar 22 2013
Download right click "save as"
From December 2009 to December 2012, the COMP.ACT project worked to bring about systematic and practical changes to ensure that trafficked persons receive compensation for their suffering and unpaid labour. Partners in 13 countries conducted research on the existing possibilities and the identification of obstacles in systems and procedures that prevent those trafficked from accessing compensation. The partners formed national coalitions on compensation, and presented recommendations to ensure access to justice for trafficked persons. Several partners have engaged with lawyers to support their clients in compensation claims and with law firms to inform the legal community on the right to compensation. COMP.ACT partners have supported over 50 trafficked persons in claiming compensation, with the highest amount granted being € 54 000. Internationally, the COMP.ACT awareness-raising campaign contributed to the inclusion of compensation in the anti-trafficking agenda of intergovernmental organisations. For example, compensation is now covered by the EU Directive on preventing and combating trafficking in human beings and protecting the victims EU/2011/36 and the in The EU Strategy towards the Eradication of Trafficking in Human Beings 2012 – 2016. The COMP.ACT report presents the Findings and Results of the European Action for Compensation for Trafficked Persons.
- Walk Free Global Slavery Index 2013
- EHTN Case Study: Beulah London
- Manpower Group Case Study
- La Strada: Findings and Results of the European Action for Compensation for Trafficked Persons
- The Protection Project: 100 Best Practices in Combating Trafficking in Persons
- CSO_Ateneo_ Trafficking in Women and Children in ZAMBASULTA.pdf
- CSO_Annual Report 2009 - 2010
- Manpower-Verite - Ethical Framework
- Investor Guide for Effective Supply Chain Accountability
- LEFO: Qualitätsstandards
- LEFO: Quality Standards
- Summary of Rozrada Publications