Caring for Trafficked Persons: Guidance for Health Providers Facilitator’s Guide
Feb 19 2013
Download right click "save as"
For health-care providers, trafficking in persons is best understood as a serious health risk because as with other forms of violence, it is associated with physical and psychological harm. Health providers may come into contact with victims of trafficking at different stages of the trafficking process and at different stages of their recovery. The informed and attentive health-care provider can play an important role in assisting and treating individuals who may have suffered repeated abuse. For health practitioners, diagnosing and treating trafficked persons can pose a range of new challenges related to care provision. In 2012, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and the Gender Violence & Health Centre of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) developed a training package based on the handbook Caring for Trafficked Persons: Guidance for Health Providers. Published in 2009, the handbook combines research, field experience and good practice into a tool for those who provide health services to trafficked persons, whether identified victims or populations which may include unidentified victims or other exploited persons. TheCaring for Trafficked Persons Facilitator’s Guide and accompanying materials have been developed for individuals who wish to carry out training to help a concerned health provider understand the phenomenon of human trafficking, recognize some of the associated health problems and consider safe and appropriate approaches to providing health care for trafficked persons. The training is designed for all types and levels of health providers, particularly those actively providing services.
- The State of Human Trafficking in California 2012
- The Rise of Mobile and the Diffusion of Technology-Facilitated Trafficking
- Trafficking in Persons Report 2012 Relevant International Conventions/Closing Material
- Trafficking in Persons Report 2012 Country Narratives T-Z
- Trafficking in Persons Report 2012 Country Narratives N-S
- Trafficking in Persons Report 2012 Country Narratives J-M
- Trafficking in Persons Report 2012 Country Narratives D-I
- Trafficking in Persons Report 2012 Country Narratives A-C
- Trafficking in Persons Report 2012 - Introductory materials
- Investor Guide for Effective Supply Chain Accountability
- California Senate Bill 657
- Resource Guide for State Legislators