Vienna ForumThe Role of Media
Sep 07 2010
Download right click "save as"
The workshop "The Role of the Media" was organized by the Advocacy Section of UNODC. The workshop has taken a closer look at the representation of human trafficking and its victims in the media. It was intended to generate a deeper understanding of the factors that have an impact on journalists' decisions when covering the topic, and to discuss the importance of fair and balanced media coverage of the issue, particularly its victims, in order to avoid them being re-victimized and suffer any undue hardship arising from media interventions in the future. The discussion has also showcased best media practices.
- La Strada: Findings and Results of the European Action for Compensation for Trafficked Persons
- The Protection Project: 100 Best Practices in Combating Trafficking in Persons
- ILO Special Action Programme to combat forced labour January 2013 Newsletter
- Travail non protégé, exploitation invisible: la traite à des fins de servitude domestique
- Ewa'a: Annual Book 2011 (English)
- Ewa'a: Annual Book 2011 (Arabic)
- La Strada Guidance on representing trafficked persons in compensation claims
- UNODC Issue Paper: Abuse of a Position of Vulnerability and other "Means" Within the Definition of Trafficking in Persons (2012)
- IOM Understanding and Counteracting Trafficking
- UNODC_Strategy on Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling - 2012
- CSO_Annual Report 2009 - 2010