Vienna ForumThe Role of Media
Sep 07 2010
Download right click "save as"
The workshop "The Role of the Media" was organized by the Advocacy Section of UNODC. The workshop has taken a closer look at the representation of human trafficking and its victims in the media. It was intended to generate a deeper understanding of the factors that have an impact on journalists' decisions when covering the topic, and to discuss the importance of fair and balanced media coverage of the issue, particularly its victims, in order to avoid them being re-victimized and suffer any undue hardship arising from media interventions in the future. The discussion has also showcased best media practices.
- Walk Free Global Slavery Index 2013
- UNESCO: Model curricula for journalism education: a compendium of new syllabi
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Russian Union of Journalists, OSCE Manual on Reporting on Human Trafficking
- IOM Understanding and Counteracting Trafficking
- UNODC_Strategy on Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling - 2012
- Young Africans Who Want to Be Porn Stars
- Trafficking and Global Crime Control by Maggy Lee
- CSO BlinN Strong Women
- UN.GIFT Photodocumentation Scotti Leaflet
- UNODC UN.GIFT Model Law against TIP Russian
- UNODC UN.GIFT Model Law against TIP French