A Summary of Challenges Facing Legal Responses to Human Trafficking for Labour Exploitation in the OSCE Region
Apr 29 2010
Download right click "save as"
This paper provides a short explanation of the issue of trafficking for labour exploitation followed by an examination of a small sample of the legal challenges faced by OSCE participating States in implementing their political commitments and legal obligations to end trafficking for labour exploitation. It highlights some of the technical or legal steps which need to be taken to ensure effective prosecution of perpetrators but also makes clear that, without effective and comprehensive protection of potential and actual victims, prosecution efforts will have limited impact. More information about human trafficking on the website of OSCE.
- Russian Union of Journalists, OSCE Manual on Reporting on Human Trafficking
- IOM Manual Human Trafficking and Legalization of Criminal Profits. Russian.
- IOM Manual on THB crimes typologies. Russian.
- IOM International Conference. “Improvement of International Cooperation in Counteracting Human Trafficking” Russian
- ILO OSCE Anti-Trafficking Response in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia
- ILO Preventing Forced Labour in Russian Construction Industry
- Trafficking in Persons to Europe for sexual exploitation
- First Aid Kit Russian
- IOM Direct Assistance to Victims Handbook 2007 Russian
- Needs Assessment Toolkit Russian