Manpower Group Case Study
Jun 18 2013
Download right click "save as"
This case study examines the multi-pronged approach developed by staffing and workforce solutions provider ManpowerGroup to combat the serious issue of human trafficking and forced labor from various angles on a global scale. The case study details how ManpowerGroup’s commitment to combating human trafficking and forced labor is reflected in its practices and policies worldwide and how the company strives to set industry standards and to promote a policy of zero tolerance for human trafficking among employers around the world. The study discusses ManpowerGroup’s internal supply chain and procurement policies, as well as its external measures designed to promote practices and policies among companies and governments, raise awareness, and provide assistance to survivors of human trafficking and forced labor. In light of the decrease in employee attrition and the reputational and branding benefits resulting from the company’s ethical policies and practices, including those related to human trafficking, ManpowerGroup’s experience demonstrates that ethical business practices related to human trafficking are not only legally and ethically correct, but also beneficial from a business standpoint, and therefore can and should be implemented worldwide.This case study is based on documents and interviews provided by global leaders at ManpowerGroup.
- 3rd General report on GRETA’s activities
- Walk Free Global Slavery Index 2013
- UNESCO: Model curricula for journalism education: a compendium of new syllabi
- ILO: Marking progress against child labour: Global estimates and trends 2000-2012
- IOM: A Situational Analysis of Aruba’s Response to Human Trafficking
- Report by OSCE Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina, 12-14 June 2012
- Current Status of Victim Service Providers and Criminal Justice Actors in India on Anti-human Trafficking
- EHTN Case Study: Beulah London
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Manpower Group Case Study
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Joy Ngozi Ezeilo
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking