La Strada: Findings and Results of the European Action for Compensation for Trafficked Persons
Mar 22 2013
Download right click "save as"
From December 2009 to December 2012, the COMP.ACT project worked to bring about systematic and practical changes to ensure that trafficked persons receive compensation for their suffering and unpaid labour. Partners in 13 countries conducted research on the existing possibilities and the identification of obstacles in systems and procedures that prevent those trafficked from accessing compensation. The partners formed national coalitions on compensation, and presented recommendations to ensure access to justice for trafficked persons. Several partners have engaged with lawyers to support their clients in compensation claims and with law firms to inform the legal community on the right to compensation. COMP.ACT partners have supported over 50 trafficked persons in claiming compensation, with the highest amount granted being € 54 000. Internationally, the COMP.ACT awareness-raising campaign contributed to the inclusion of compensation in the anti-trafficking agenda of intergovernmental organisations. For example, compensation is now covered by the EU Directive on preventing and combating trafficking in human beings and protecting the victims EU/2011/36 and the in The EU Strategy towards the Eradication of Trafficking in Human Beings 2012 – 2016. The COMP.ACT report presents the Findings and Results of the European Action for Compensation for Trafficked Persons.
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking
- European Commission The statistical report on trafficking in human beings 2013
- Russian Union of Journalists, OSCE Manual on Reporting on Human Trafficking
- La Strada: Findings and Results of the European Action for Compensation for Trafficked Persons
- The Protection Project: 100 Best Practices in Combating Trafficking in Persons
- Caring for Trafficked Persons: Guidance for Health Providers Facilitator’s Guide
- ILO Special Action Programme to combat forced labour January 2013 Newsletter
- ICAT Side Event: The Next Decade
- ICAT: The International Legal Frameworks Concerning Trafficking in Persons
- UNODC Global report on trafficking in persons 2012
- Travail non protégé, exploitation invisible: la traite à des fins de servitude domestique
- The State of Human Trafficking in California 2012