La Strada: Findings and Results of the European Action for Compensation for Trafficked Persons
Mar 22 2013
Download right click "save as"
From December 2009 to December 2012, the COMP.ACT project worked to bring about systematic and practical changes to ensure that trafficked persons receive compensation for their suffering and unpaid labour. Partners in 13 countries conducted research on the existing possibilities and the identification of obstacles in systems and procedures that prevent those trafficked from accessing compensation. The partners formed national coalitions on compensation, and presented recommendations to ensure access to justice for trafficked persons. Several partners have engaged with lawyers to support their clients in compensation claims and with law firms to inform the legal community on the right to compensation. COMP.ACT partners have supported over 50 trafficked persons in claiming compensation, with the highest amount granted being € 54 000. Internationally, the COMP.ACT awareness-raising campaign contributed to the inclusion of compensation in the anti-trafficking agenda of intergovernmental organisations. For example, compensation is now covered by the EU Directive on preventing and combating trafficking in human beings and protecting the victims EU/2011/36 and the in The EU Strategy towards the Eradication of Trafficking in Human Beings 2012 – 2016. The COMP.ACT report presents the Findings and Results of the European Action for Compensation for Trafficked Persons.
- Walk Free Global Slavery Index 2013
- ILO: Marking progress against child labour: Global estimates and trends 2000-2012
- Current Status of Victim Service Providers and Criminal Justice Actors in India on Anti-human Trafficking
- EHTN Case Study: Beulah London
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Joy Ngozi Ezeilo
- La Strada: Findings and Results of the European Action for Compensation for Trafficked Persons
- The Protection Project: 100 Best Practices in Combating Trafficking in Persons
- ILO Special Action Programme to combat forced labour January 2013 Newsletter
- Travail non protégé, exploitation invisible: la traite à des fins de servitude domestique
- Ewa'a: Annual Book 2011 (English)
- Ewa'a: Annual Book 2011 (Arabic)