La Strada Guidance on representing trafficked persons in compensation claims
Nov 14 2012
Download right click "save as"
Non-governmental organisations, legal counsellors, lawyers or others who wish to support trafficked persons in claiming compensation often find themselves in situations where knowledge and expertise is insufficient in order for them to properly support their clients. This is not surprising, given the fact that awareness regarding the issue of compensation for trafficked persons has only recently manifested into the international anti-trafficking debate and the number of cases where compensation has been successfully claimed in Europe remains limited.This Guidance on representing trafficked persons in compensation claims provides lawyers, counselling centres and other service providers information on the rights and needs of trafficked persons, the ways of claiming compensation for both material and non material damages, a detailed overview of the international legislation and includes a simple 5-Step Model for claiming compensation for trafficked persons.
- 3rd General report on GRETA’s activities
- UNESCO: Model curricula for journalism education: a compendium of new syllabi
- ILO: Marking progress against child labour: Global estimates and trends 2000-2012
- IOM: A Situational Analysis of Aruba’s Response to Human Trafficking
- Report by OSCE Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina, 12-14 June 2012
- Current Status of Victim Service Providers and Criminal Justice Actors in India on Anti-human Trafficking
- OSCE: Trafficking in human beings for the purpose of organ removal in the OSCE region
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Joy Ngozi Ezeilo
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking
- Caring for Trafficked Persons: Guidance for Health Providers Facilitator’s Guide
- ILO Special Action Programme to combat forced labour January 2013 Newsletter