UNICEF USA: "I just wanted to die" -- A Trafficked Child Speaks out
( UNICEF ) - Thousands of children are trafficked in the United States. These kids are not criminals, they are victims. Give them what they need to go from victims to survivors.
Signs a child is being trafficked:
- Knows little about his or her whereabouts
- Works excessively long hours
- Exhibits fear or anxious behavior
- Was hired with false promises
- Has inconsistencies with his or her story
The End Trafficking Project is the U.S. Fund for UNICEF's initiative to raise awareness about child trafficking and mobilize communities to take meaningful action to help protect children. The End Trafficking project works in partnership with individuals and groups to bring us closer to the day when there are ZERO exploited children.