Literature review Trafficking in human beings
Aug 24 2010
Download right click "save as"
This study aims at the deconstruction and analysis of the existing literature on human trafficking. The document divides itself into a summary, an evaluation, synthesis and comparison, and the critique of the existing studies and reports. The research is mainly based on recent studies from leading authorities, and high-prestige or high-visibility sources such as the university presses of highly ranked universities or articles published in the leading journals in the field of human trafficking from late 1990s. Nevertheless, studies from international governmental organizations, non-governmental organizations, think-tanks, governmental agencies and international newspapers have also been taken into consideration.The study did not focus on independent or freelance researchers or on human smuggling studies. Due to a restricted timeframe of seven months, only English, Italian, French and Spanish sources could be considered and analyzed.
- 2014 Global Trafficking in Persons report - full
- UNODC Catalogue of Materials
- US State Department Trafficking in Persons Report 2014
- 3rd General report on GRETA’s activities
- Walk Free Global Slavery Index 2013
- UNESCO: Model curricula for journalism education: a compendium of new syllabi
- ILO: Marking progress against child labour: Global estimates and trends 2000-2012
- IOM: A Situational Analysis of Aruba’s Response to Human Trafficking
- Current Status of Victim Service Providers and Criminal Justice Actors in India on Anti-human Trafficking