OSCE Building the Capacity of Roma Communities to Prevent Trafficking in Human Beings Slovak
Jan 12 2011
Download right click "save as"
This report is based on the presentations and discussion from a roundtable on "Making Prevention of Trafficking in Human Beings Effective: Building Regional and Local Capacity of Roma Communities", Tirana, 18-20 September 2006. Concrete Practices presented in the paper include: 1. Making access to basic rights effective for Roma as a means of preventing trafficking; 2. Including state actors, such as social and health services and police, in responses to trafficking; 3. Strengthening national social protection systems, in particular child protection systems, to prevent trafficking and protect victims; 4. The role of outreach, such as street work and the use of Roma cultural mediators; 5. The use of 'open' assistance programmes, such as drop-in and day programmes; 6. Ensuring that Roma and non-Roma actors are equal partners in prevention and protection efforts; and 7. Hiring and training Roma personnel for activities targeting Roma communities. This publication is also available in English on the website of OSCE.
- OSCE releases booklet on preventing human trafficking for domestic servitude in diplomatic households
- How to prevent human trafficking for domestic servitude in diplomatic households and protect private domestic workers
- Report by OSCE Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina, 12-14 June 2012
- OSCE: Trafficking in human beings for the purpose of organ removal in the OSCE region
- OSCE: Trafﬁcking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking
- Russian Union of Journalists, OSCE Manual on Reporting on Human Trafficking
- Travail non protégé, exploitation invisible: la traite à des fins de servitude domestique
- Report by OSCE Special Rep for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings, following her visit to the Republic of Moldova, 31 October – 3 November 2011
- OSCE Factsheet on Combatting Trafficking in Human Beings in the OSCE Region - Russian
- Unprotected Work, Invisible Exploitation (Russian)
- OSCE CTHB Annual Report 2011