CBSS TF-THB Handbook for Diplomatic and Consular Personnel
Apr 26 2011
Download right click "save as"
The TF-THB (Task Force against Trafficking in Human Beings) proudly presents the Handbook for Diplomatic and Consular Personnel on how to assist and protect victims of human trafficking. It has been designed to complement the diplomatic training seminars but also as a stand-alone, practical and illustrative guide for diplomatic and consular personnel when dealing with suspected and presented cases of human trafficking in their daily work. It provides the reader with an overview of the nature of human trafficking and its legal frameworks. It furthermore includes concrete advice on how to identify and assist victims of human trafficking and considerations when conducting interviews with potential victims. Advice is also given on how to develop strategies in a consular section to work against and prevent human trafficking. Contact points for further assistance are included for each of the CBSS Member States, and for Belgium and Spain where two seminars were held. The handbook draws upon the material delivered by the TF-THB, the IOM and other international, national and non-governmental actors during the course of the training seminars - we would like to thank all presenters and participants for their valuable contributions and lively discussions that informed the content of this handbook.
- Policy and legislative recommendations towards the effective implementation of the non-punishment provision with regard to victims of trafficking
- Caring for Trafficked Persons: Guidance for Health Providers Facilitator’s Guide
- ILO Special Action Programme to combat forced labour January 2013 Newsletter
- UNODC Global report on trafficking in persons 2012
- Travail non protégé, exploitation invisible: la traite à des fins de servitude domestique
- La Strada Guidance on representing trafficked persons in compensation claims
- Caring for Trafficked Persons/Cuidados Para la Salud y la Trata de Personas
- UNODC Issue Paper: Abuse of a Position of Vulnerability and other "Means" Within the Definition of Trafficking in Persons (2012)
- The EU Strategy Towards the Eradication of Trafficking in Human Beings 2012-2016
- ICAT trafficking in persons issue papers - Overview
- UNIAP: Rethinking Trafficking Prevention
- ILO: Giving globalisation a human face